Life in Cuban countryside
A Cuba traveler is our friend, guest and client
Cuba tour terms and conditions
Our terms and conditions are a traveler’s bill of rights. We strive for clarity, aim to protect our travelers, and ensure you receive promised services. Visitor ease, comfort, and safety is the ethos of Cuba Explorer.
Legal Cuba travel for Americans
Cuba Explorer is licensed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) under section 31 CFR §515.572(a)(1) to send Americans to Cuba legally.
Payments, cancellations, and refunds
- Payments are processed under the name Zunzun Education Services, our parent company.
- Tour deposit After you register for a tour and pay a deposit, you have a 48-hour grace period to cancel your tour registration, and have your deposit returned. After 48 hours, your deposit becomes non-refundable but is good for life. It is fully redeemable for future travel or transferable to a friend.
- Final payment is due 30 days before departure.
- Notice of cancellation must be received by email.
- Cancellation 30 days before travel Your lifetime deposit is credited towards future travel, and other payments received are returned to you.
- Cancellation 29 to 15 days before departure Lifetime deposit plus half of the payments received are credited to future travel. Balance of payments is non-refundable (lost).
- Cancellation 14 days before departure Loss of all payments, except lifetime deposit.
- Refunds and credits are not extended to participants who arrive late for a tour or depart early, or who miss air flights or don’t show up for the tour.
- Shared room cancellation If you cancel your tour and were sharing a room with another tour participant, the cost of a single room supplement will be deducted from your refund, if any, or your deposit.
- Trump protection policy Should the Trump administration enact additional limits on travel to Cuba, preventing a client from visiting, we will refund all money received in full, including deposits.
Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
Travel insurance covers most things that can go wrong before or during your trip. Don’t let illness, injury, or work issues result in financial loss. We strongly encourage you to purchase insurance to protect your travel investment.
When bad things cause a tour to be cancelled
Tours may be canceled because of natural disaster, economic instability, and acts of God. When bad things result in a tour cancellation money you’ve paid for our services are credited towards future travel. We do not refund air tickets. These examples are covered when you purchase travel cancellation and trip interruption insurance.
Reduction in tour prices
From time to time we reduce tour prices in an attempt to rescue prepaid rooms and services. If a tour price is decreased, a traveler who paid a higher price will not be reimbursed the difference.
Cuba conditions are different than in the USA
Cuba has particular features, which may not appeal to you, including weather, food, water, local customs, and an aging infrastructure. Island living standards, conditions, services, and accommodations are much lower than the United States. We cannot be held liable for these differences.
Scope of services and program changes
Our services comprise ground transportation and accommodation, breakfasts, and lunches and dinners as detailed in your program, activity fees, airport pick-up and return (transfers), a licensed bilingual guide and translator, and licensed car or bus chauffeur. Specific inclusions and exclusions in the itinerary you purchase govern. We reserve the right to replace itinerary activities and substitute accommodations mentioned in your itinerary with similar activities and accommodations as things often change in Cuba.
Cuban laws, island entry, and participant behavior
Tour participants must obey the laws of Cuba. Failure to do so relieves us of all obligations to the traveler. Travelers denied entry into Cuba can hold no claim against us. Services will be denied to a participant whose conduct and behavior, before or during travel, impedes the safe, enjoyable course of a tour.
We welcome your questions and concerns
We are happy to discuss any concerns you may have about our terms and conditions. Click here to contact us.